Paralogic Corporate and Social Responsibility Statement
Paralogic has developed a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) statement to help steer the successful growth of Paralogic and to enable its Staff to be aware of the Ethics and Operating practises that are applied in the way that Paralogic addresses its Responsibilities to its Staff, its Clients and its Suppliers.
In the definition of this document, the following points, were given consideration;
- The suppliers we choose and the way we deal with them. For example, trading with suppliers who pollute the environment could be as irresponsible as doing so ourselves.
- How you treat our employees. For the responsible business, this means doing more than simply complying with legal requirements. Hence why Paralogic is currently complying and to attain Investors in People
- How our business affects our local community and how Paralogic is actively involved
- How what Paralogic does affects the environment and what Paralogic is doing to use resources more efficiently and reduce pollution and waste.
Paralogic believes that by looking ahead, we are ready to cope with new laws and restrictions. You avoid costs such as wasted energy or paying unnecessary waste fees. Perhaps most importantly, by Paralogic investing in its CSR policy will enable us to keep winning business from increasingly demanding customers.
The Business Benefits to Paralogic’s CSR
Paralogic believe Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) isn’t just about doing the right thing. It means behaving responsibly, and also dealing with suppliers who do the same. We believe it also offers direct business benefits. Building a reputation as a responsible business this sets Paralogic apart. Companies often favour suppliers who demonstrate responsible policies, as this can have a positive impact on how they are perceived by our customers.
Some customers don’t just prefer to deal with responsible companies, but insist on it. Sales of ‘environmentally friendly’ products continue to grow – and these products and value based services often sell at a premium price.
Reducing resource use, waste and emissions doesn’t just help the environment – we believe it saves money too.
Paralogic believe there are other benefits too:
- A good reputation makes it easier to recruit new employees
- Employees may stay longer, reducing the costs and disruption of recruitment and retraining
- Employees are better motivated and more productive
- Activities such as involvement with the local community are ideal opportunities to generate positive press coverage
- Understanding the wider impact of your business can help Paralogic to develop new products and services
- CSR can make Paralogic more competitive and reduces the risk of sudden damage to your reputation (and sales). Investors recognise this and are more willing to finance you.
Environmental Impact Responsibility
Our business affects many different people – employees, customers, suppliers and the local community. It also has a wider impact on the environment.
Even the simplest energy efficiency measures, like switching off lights and equipment when they aren’t needed, makes a real difference. Reducing the use of water also directly cuts our costs.
Minimising waste can also make a big difference. Simple steps like reducing the amount of paper Paralogic use can immediately cut our costs.
Caring about the environment can increase revenue too. There are all sorts of ways in which Paralogic have reduced the environmental impact of our business. For example:
- creating recyclable products
- sourcing responsibly (e.g. using recycled materials and sustainable timber)
- minimising packaging
- buying locally to save fuel costs
- creating an efficient (and fuel-efficient) distribution network
- working with suppliers and distributors who take steps to minimise their environmental impact
- implement recycled boxes for all Toners and Waste
- implement recycled agents services to dispose of
Responsibility to Customers and Suppliers
Paralogic believe by working with our customers and suppliers in a responsible way we can reap substantial rewards.
Some of Paralogic have taken when dealing with customers are:
- Make sure our brochures are written in plain English, telling the truth without hiding anything in the ‘small print’
- Be open and honest about our products and services. Advising customers what they want to know, including what steps we take to be socially responsible
- If something goes wrong, we acknowledge the problem and deal with it.
Choosing Paralogic suppliers carefully is an important part of Paralogic’s approach to corporate social responsibility (CSR). For example, Paralogic try to use local suppliers as much as possible. This helps you support our community and also reduces the energy wasted in deliveries.Paralogic’s policy is also to treat it’s supplier’s fairly, particularly smaller businesses that rely on us.
THE LOCAL COMMUNITY
Working with the local community has brought a wide range of benefits to Paralogic. Local customers are an important source of Paralogic sales. By us improving our reputation, we find it easier to recruit localised employees.Many businesses involve their employees in working with the local community. For example, Paralogic support charities chosen by employees. Also Paralogic encourage employees to volunteer for community activities and also give them paid time off for this. As well as improving our community relations, this can help motivate employees and will help develop their interpersonal and team participation skills.
MEANS OF MEASUREMENT
Paralogic believe the Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) has helped costs and boosted sales. However, we also believe there are other significant benefits which businesses sometime forget about, as they are slightly harder to measure.Benefits such as improved reputation, stronger customer loyalty and motivated employees should not be overlooked, and can in fact be measured. For example, improved motivation has led to reduced absenteeism and reduced staff turnover.
Identifying and measuring indicators of success
- Paralogic benchmark our business against others
- Some of the UK’s largest companies publish CSR reports online – Paralogic also provide this facility
- We use key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure our environmental performance.
CSR- Paralogic’s Long Term Benefits
Paralogic commitment to suppliers.
The performance of our suppliers is critical to our business. Paralogic aims to treat suppliers with respect and invest in long-term partnerships that deliver business benefits to both sides. Our objective is to achieve best value from our suppliers on a long-term basis. While price matters, it is only part of the purchasing decision.
Wherever practical and cost-effective, the purchasing and supply requirements of all the brands and businesses within the group have been centralised and rationalised. This allows us to invest more time with each supplier, and to seek greater shared efficiencies throughout our supply chain.
Procurement and Sourcing
Paralogic aims to maximise supply chain opportunities by proactively seeking and building strong, value-focused relationships with all suppliers. Our sourcing teams are committed to conducting all supplier tendering and assessment processes in an open and transparent manner, sharing information wherever possible to improve performance. The value created by our supplier relationships will enable us to maintain long-term growth, solidify our partnerships with customers and help preserve a competitive advantage.
When selecting suppliers, we assess them against a wide range of criteria including:
- Management capability and financial strength to ensure long-term reliability.
- Ability to deliver enduring quality and value. We conduct rigorous due diligence both before and after the bidding process, including a full cost breakdown analysis, to ensure that the contract can be fulfilled.
- Commitment to innovation and ability to help us develop new products, processes and ways of working that will give us a commercial edge.
- Commitment to the wider corporate responsibility agenda. We encourage suppliers to develop and comply with their own detailed corporate responsibility policies and guidelines whilst actively assessing their practices and commitment.
Paralogic is committed to providing equal opportunities in sourcing, regardless of race, gender, marital status, age, disability, religious belief, political opinion, or sexual orientation. We believe that diversity in both our workforce and supply base contributes to a stronger, better organisation, able to draw from a variety of resources in order to deliver increased value to customers and investors.
Paralogic does not permit or condone any form of corruption or bribery. Our Group Code of Conduct contains clear guidance to steer staff through potential problem areas. We expect that every supplier should also work against all forms of corruption, including extortion and bribery.
Paralogic is committed to strong business growth that is not achieved at the expense of the environment. We believe that every business should do their utmost to minimise their impact on the environment.
As a provider of technical engineering and support services, Paralogic is aware of the direct impact of these operational activities on the environment as well as indirectly through the activities of our suppliers across the world. We closely monitor our use of resources, the creation of pollution, the effects of our activities on climate change and our impact on species and habitats.
We also encourage suppliers to adopt best practice through:
- Supporting a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertaking initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
Encouraging the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.